Re: Any fello transgender people on here?

Deathstar, can I ask where you live?

Lord Lundin, do you know the best way to cause a blinkie claustrophobia? Simple, put their cane in a bucket. Muahahahaha, isn't that so very funny to an average Joe? Maybe even to yourself, cause I myself did it find it funny for a while at some point, and people belonging to a certain ethnicity, community or social group usually tend to accept black humor or dark humor (sorry, don't know the proper word in English) from their peers. However, would you laugh at it if that average Joe stopped by you in the street and threw this in your face without saying a word first, being a total stranger? Well, maybe you personally would, I can't tell as I don't know you, but I'm 100 % convinced most visually impaired people wouldn't, just as most hearing-impaired people wouldn't laugh at sarcastic jokes about hearing from random passers-by, etc. Why is that so difficult to understand? Technically speaking, although the online presence tends to soften and hide this to a great extent, we all are nothing more than a bunch of totally random strangers shouting at each other in the street or in a pub.

Oh, and by the way, why should a blind person receive special education, assistive tools, sometimes professional coaching to learn a particular set of skills, counseling and support, guide dogs, whatever at all, just because they're blind? That's their problem, not one of the society, isn't it? I believe there is no harm caused to anyone by my expressing this opinion. AFter all, everyone has the right to hold their own personal opinion, and we have freedom of speech in most countries these days. Why should a dynamic productive society cater to the supposed needs of individuals who are different? They should just get their affairs the hell straight and get a job and do something productive. If they claimed this was not as easy as it might seem for a good reason, and that there are a lot of issues when trying to accomplish that goal, is that this one given indivual asking the rest of the society, the majority, to pat them on the back?

Why do so many people with a disability or in a closed social circle have to be so damn self-centered that the only points and feelings they can ever defend are their own? Totally useless rant that's not going to change anything anyway over.

Lukas