Re: Anyone played the spring thing games?

I have heard of the spring thing competition. I'm not sure what you mean by some  games being  text and some like alteraeon sinse as far as I was aware it  was purely an interactive fiction competition intended for games written  in inform, glulx  and other standard if languages.

I have nothing against the   competition at all and have played several games from past comps, such as pytho's mask by emily short, however as far as I know the games  are mostly standard puzzle style if rather than having any rpg elements sinse as we've said before people in the main if community tend to like those sorts of guess the verb complex puzzles and don't enjoy rpg mechanics , complex combat or puzzles soluable just by exploring.

So yes I know about the comp, but whether any games from it would  tickle my own interest is another question.

What are these games like? do they have standard if mechanics? do they ha ve  incomprehensible puzzles?