Re: Audio Rush - An Accessible Arcade Game for iOS

Nice idea for the game, and congrats on getting something complete.
the idea of an audio version of a fast action avoidance style game is a nice one, especially with leader boards etc. it is a little unusual to use speed of sequence to denote direction, usually in audio that comes with stereo, though I can see the advantage of this if your also thinking of people with hearing issues, likewise, I didn't really notice the indicators increasing in volume as the obstacles got closer, which is perhaps something to consider, both to give players an indicator as to the speed of the falling obstacles, and also to give a sense of urgancy to the game.

I do have a couple of thoughts.

Firstly, the game's audio information just told Firstly, the instructions state "falling objects", this made me think the game was more a sort  dropping bombs, space invaders affair. Only when I looked on the screen did I  the obstacles are large bars that almost cross the entire screen and only have some small gaps (luckily the graphics were simple enough for my remaining vision to work on).

I would suggest making this a bit clearer in the instructions, since when starting the game playing by sound, I wasn't quite getting why I would hear the "move right" indicator,  the move left one.

similarly, you might consider also including a sound for when the player is in the correct position, since this I initially found a bit confusing, that silence was a good thing and the game was still progressing big_smile.

Lastly, you might consider adding some sort of progressive stats sort  achievements or unlocakbles, as the game Feer did, since there's nothing better to make an arcade game fun playing to unlock newer trophies or complete missions.

I'll be itnerested to see where this one goes in the future.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : smit . al via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : wp85 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : wp85 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : smit . al via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Appleman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : smit . al via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : tunmi13 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : smit . al via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : smit . al via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector