Re: Thinking of Trying Miriani but Have Questions

@Zachary, not to minimize what you went through, but do try to remember that places change with time, so depending on when you played that may have been the case.  Options are now in place on Miriani that practically prevent stunning and stranding, and bounty hunters have been rammped up to discourage those who blow up industrial ships on a regular basis.
I too have had my fair share of bad experiences including one incident where someone joined me on the landing pad without my permission and nearly swiped my ship from me simply by following me in.  The idea back then was to follow someone in to the control room and then focefully boot them out.  Once again, this is now more or less not doable.  The hosts recognize that newbies are essential to keeping a game alive, lest it becomes a pile of commands.  If you wanted to get into the action now wold be the time to do it, especiallyif you relaly are a newbie with a newbie tag atatched to your name.