Re: What Are Your Views on Family

Greetings all.

This is an interesting topic and my answer has changed over the years. For the majority of my life, I believed that family was all about obligations; not love but you're obligated to say that you love them when such words are meaningless. One may as well be a parrot simply mimicking sounds without any notion of what said sounds mean. It has only been very recently that I've come to realise that family has nothing to do with blood or even familiar relations; I realise that there is no such thing as a non family member. If it's true that we cannot choose our family, it's just as true that we're all a part of one huge family with only one Mother/Father and an infinite numbers of brothers and sisters. Infinite in this context means uncountable. As for people who disrespect you, that simply means that they're blinded by their own negativity and someone is bound to counsel and educate them unless of course they're unwilling to take anyone's advice to improve themselves. I can honestly say I love you and mean it but again, that was a very recent development.

Kind regards, Amin Abdullah.