Re: Bulwark in the City of Flesh

I liked the concept and the story, but hated the overall repetitiveness of the game.
Spoilers, obviously.
The grid concept was really cool. My respect for coming up with something new. Here's the problem, though. It gets old, fast. I was yawning by the time I reached full 4 by 8 grid. I dono, I personally feel like there could been more things added to grids to make them more interesting.
The story is cool... except it just... goes off the charts in the end. The perspective shifts dramatically, all the little hooks are left untouched, and all of the character development goes down the drain. Just... bad.
Again, I loved the idea behind this, and I certainly recognize the effort it all took to put together, I just think that the ending could have been pulled off better / the game could have spanned multiple episodes and or updates.
I enjoyed the references to Heartrate, but again. They felt ruff and forced, as if the writer was grasping at straws to connect the two games. Also, the "You're not alone" theme does not make sense when compared to everything else.
I appreciate the game and will certainly play more of the developer's titles, I just think that this one fell short of it's true potential.