Re: a website with audio described movies.

I've been debating whether to say this or not, and I've decided to go for it.
The rule does not match my personal views, but we still have to uphold it. We don't necessarily, fully, run the show here, we've got Richard and Sendermen who are the webmasters, not us. If it was just us, I do wonder if things might be a little bit different.
To the person asking why would a developer care if someone starts posting links to audio described content:
From a personal standpoint, I don't think they necessarily would... until we get to the bigger companies. If someone from a bigger company notices, then informs others, that's when things could get nasty. That can very easily spread, and then we'd all have a bad rep. No bigger companies would come here because one saw someone give a link to Game of Thrones for free or something to that effect. It's a plausable scenario.
Secondly: What about the DMCA bots I keep on hearing about, shutting down websites with DMCA notices. Richard and Sendermen, well, I don't know how often they check in here. If a DMCA notice were to be received, and they don't act... that'll be it. We'd lose our community, the history of audiogames, and a resource, in one hit.
Let's put this short and sweet. While I don't necessarily fully like the rule, if it comes down to it for now, if I had to choose between our forum and asking for a movie, I'd choose saving the entire forum.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Vulcan_Raven via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Vulcan_Raven via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Blind angel 444 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Liam via Audiogames-reflector