Re: infini crawl, text dungeon crawling rpg similar to the wastes.

The Imaginatrix wrote:

I like the boss music! It lets me know straight away I'm in the last room.
Is it possible you could code it so the eating/drinking sounds were keyed to the consumable items like magic berries and cool water and so forth? That's including the prestige items.
Also, I'm not expecting a bunch of sounds for when you find different things from searching, as that'd be about six sounds playing at once, but it'd be nice if you added a sound specifically for when you picked up something that wasn't food, potions, gold or gems, just so we'd know when our searches picked up extra items. I don't know if this is possible, but if it is, I'd certainly appreciate it.
Also, a sound for achievements would be nice. smile

Yep, Dark also suggested reusing some of the sounds for other items, that is what I am currently working on. Probably anything you 'eat' is going to have the same eating sound and anything you 'drink' will have that little slurp sound. I'll try to find a good sound for searching or picking up stuff, it might just end up being a generic sort of bell sound. I was also thinking about maybe having zone specific music, but we're looking at like a 50 megabyte html file at that point. Which isn't big for a game, but it does make it a little rough when editing the text file.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : malachi1616 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : malachi1616 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : The Imaginatrix via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : malachi1616 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : malachi1616 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : malachi1616 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : SkyLord via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : The Imaginatrix via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : malachi1616 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : The Imaginatrix via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : malachi1616 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jescat277 via Audiogames-reflector