Re: Monthly chat February 2020

@Dark, Sovs and Dark Eagle, I'm doing my best to keep it together if only because the children deserve that much.  Honestly, even in her state my wife helps so much.  Somehow she still finds it in herself to do all she does, from taking kids to appointments to taking care of our financial situation, to paperwork and all the phonecalls I don't like making.  When she's feeling super cheerful and active she'll even join me in whatever needs cleaning, but I do my absolute best never to hold her to it nor make her feel like she needs to do it.  It has meant more responsibility on my part, but I meant what I said when I said for better or for worse, in sickness and in health...
I guess that's why games like Miriani are so good for us in a way, given how so many different things exist for us to do, from the stupid little minigames like skeball and assault exist, to riding around and looking for asteroids, to missioning with other people on occasion.  That she can even find it in herself to spend time with me is a miracle all on its own... I know she needs her rest, but she doggedly persists on doing her best to be with me at least once a day, every day, and she'll bring me to bed if she thinks it possible, meaning the kids are taken care of for awhile and nothing else needs doing.  smile
Those moments are somewhat few and far between as there are four of them.  The oldest, thankfully, is already going to school, while the youngest is an 8 month old who has recently learned how to crawl and is starting to get into... well... just about everything she thinks isn't hers.  I wish the middle two would help pick up the slack and help watch the youngest since they can see when she's doing things she shouldn't be, but they're too busy playing with toys and trying to con me into giving them TV, iPads, snacks and candy all day long.  Sometimes I relent because I know this can't be any easier on them than it is on me, but I'm doing my best to hold firm and strong.  I know so many people who are parents and probably some who aren't would judge me for some of my decisions, but there ya are all the same.  If you 've read thus far, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.  It means a ton to know that someone's listening. if nothing else.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Wes Hollow via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : wing of eternity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mongoo_4044 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Sovs via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dark Eagle via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : pool via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Wes Hollow via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : crescent via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mirage via Audiogames-reflector