Re: Creating a code free RPG using Sable (video 13), by Ebon Sky Studios

Hi,

@Cai, yesterday I had a little chance to play around with your idea/suggestion, it was actually a nice little break from my final round of internal  bug testing which I’ve been working flat out on recently (but for anyone interested, the internal testing is going really well ). I’ve now added code so that  as well as the option to open locks with keys, you can now use abilities/skills to open locks too. at the point of creating  the ability you can specify things like custom text and sounds which are used when the ability/skill is used, hopefully by adding these options this gives a variety of options as to how/what the ability/skill is used for, so as you mentioned it might be a lock picking skill or an ability which is more magically based which will open the lock. As an example if you wanted it to be a lock picking skill  you could add custom lock picking sounds and text, so when you finally reach that secret locked  vault of Aladdins I know you want into so badly wink  it could be set that it fires a lock picking sound with some text which would maybe read Cai uses his skill in thievery to deftly pick the lock, or whatever custom text you wanted it to read. . hope you and others find the new feature helpful, I think it was a good idea  and could add some interesting mechanics into games and was nice and easy to add in.
@ number 368, thanks for taking the time to watch all the videos and also for all the positive comments too, as mentioned before it’s great to see people so enthusiastic about the project. I’m hoping to get  part 2 of the latest video out this week , I’ll as ever post the link to the video here and I hope you enjoy the new video as much as the previous ones, I know I’m really looking forward to recording it. If you want to stay up to date on news and updates you can always follow us on social media too, links are in my signature below:

Paul Lemm
Ebon Sky Studios
email: i...@ebonskystudios.com
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/ebonskystudios/
Twitter: @ebonskystudios

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : jimmy69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : johanntrm7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : johanntrm7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Xvordan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Naruto via Audiogames-reflector