Re: New from Fighting fantasy project, A saint beckons

I've played this one a couple of times. Haven't finished it, but I got pretty far on my second playthrough.
I can confirm that some deaths in FFP gamebooks seem very arbitrary, although when I beat Hellfire (it took awhile) it got to a point where I just learned to memorize which paths not to go on. Still, I don't like arbitrary things being arbitrary most of the time. Like if there are two doors with absolutely no indication of what's beyond them, and door #1 leads to death...I mean yes, this is possible, but if that choice is near the end of the game and I'm doing well till then, you're really going to put me off my game with a random death. In fact, you're going to make me want to stop playing the game and maybe not look back.