Re: what are your thoughts on BSG's new blog post?

@11, I'd just like to state that there is a difference between 70s text games and today. Back then, such textual games were all that was reasonably possible. You couldn't go much further than a text based game unless you got an atari or arcade. We have so, so, so many more options today. It is possible nowadays to create much more interesting games than it was only 10-15 years ago, even alone. Swamp, the japanese games, they are all examples of small teams, or even just individuals, creating awesome stuff. Reading your post I immediately had to ask myself: "is #11 implying that games should stay simple because we don't have enough resources/time/money/devs/cups of black coffee compared to large mainstream studios?" This is simply not true. Also, there is probably a correlation between the game' complexity and genre and the number of clones or similar games released shortly after that reinforce the post's points. I've seen enough code forks or remakes of fps games, side scrolling shooters and survival games like oh shit to fill a book at this point. But literally no one has attempted to do something like a monstermon, europlain, or marsh 1.0, the new zombie shooter by Randomstudios.