Re: A question for the audiogame comunity

Hi, welcome to the AudioGames community! smile I hope you'll like it here. It's certainly not without its drama — no place is — but there's plenty of fun to be had and plenty of pleasant people to meet.

For RPGs, the first one that comes to mind is one that was already suggested, A Hero's Call. It's your usual RPG with classes and turn-based combat, but also an interesting story and great voice acting. Since I don't think there is a demo, you can check out a let's play by PG13 to see what it's like.
You can find its entry in the database here, and you can find its homepage, which I think is currently the only place you can buy it, here.

The second one would be Entombed, a dungeon crawler which, while somewhat unbalanced and buggy, is still incredibly fun. It used to be for sale, but is now shareware, so you should be able to upgrade it by creating an account and choosing the upgrade option from inside the menu.
You can find the database entry here and its homepage here. If you ever get stuck, you could try checking its wiki.

For shooters, I suggest World of War, an space invader shooter with several trophies and minigames to unlock. It's from a Japanese developer, so all of the voice acting (mostly in the unlockable movies) is in Japanese, but the game itself is in English.
The database entry is here and the developer's homepage (not everything is translated) is here.

And lastly, while it is neither a RPG, nor a shooter, it is pretty much tradition at this point that I recommend Code 7 whenever I can, so I shall do so here, too!
Code 7 is a story-rich hacking text adventure with fully voice acted dialog, a science fiction with elements of mystery and horror. You play as Alex, a hacker with amnesia that, together with the help of their friends, tries to save humanity from a complete annihilation. It is being released in episodes, with episodes 0-3 already out, and episode 4, the last one, planned ... uh, sometime in Q2, hopefully? You can play Episode 0: allocation for free, and while it is the shortest one, it'll still give you a pretty good idea about what the game is like.
Here is the database page. You can grab the game from several places, such as itch.io, Steam and Humble Store.

There is a search feature that'll, among other things, also allow you to search by genre. You can find it here. I haven't used it in a while though, so am not certain how well it works. It sometimes does, sometimes doesn't.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Anica via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mongoo_4044 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Anica via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : rory-games via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Anica via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mayana via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mayana via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Arkandias via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : rwbeardjr via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Anica via Audiogames-reflector