Re: speech mode beeps for NVDA

Basically it's most useful when you don't care about what's being said, but just want to know when it's done. Apart from programming contexts as Camlorn described, it's also useful in some other cases, such as scrolling to find the comments on a YouTube video. When you go down to the bottom of the page and go up to find the comments, as they don't appear right away, the page will scroll and you'll get a stream of video titles as part of the up next playlist that are read automatically. I find beeps speech mode rather useful here, as I can just enable it and wait for the beeps to stop rather than constantly hit control to stop the announcements, though I've lowered the pitch of the beep to 440Hz as I find the default pitch of 10,000 to be rather unpleasant.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Diegogaribay via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Diegogaribay via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Slender via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : jaybird via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Slender via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : burak via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rwbeardjr via Audiogames-reflector