Re: Game Licensing - Request for Feedback

@15:
You're absolutely right, I will need to contact the server from time to time and this is in the pipeline for sure. However, I don't like option two. I like to have the freedom to use my key wherever I go, even if I don't have Internet access on a particular machine for a few months which could potentially happen. Option 1 is much closer to the kind of message I want to send to my customers.

@16:

3. I do use public key signatures in the system, so that merely having access to the encryption part of the code will not make it easier for people to crack. However, since the game is running offline, there are other parts that you cannot really protect other than by obscuring them as much as possible. If I made those parts open source as well, It would seriously weaken that obscurity. Does that make sense?

@17:
I like this idea. I will implement it. Thanks!

Thanks again for all your feedback, folks. Much appreciated!

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : haily_merry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : philip_bennefall via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : philip_bennefall via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Ian Reed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : jaybird via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : jaybird via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : philip_bennefall via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : jaybird via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : electro via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : philip_bennefall via Audiogames-reflector