Re: the slowness of bgt

@18
I don't know that I agree that productivity is highly subjective, no.  There are a number of objective measures that you could use for it and there are people who spend a lot of time researching it, but it's not my area of expertise so i can't quote studies or anything offhand at the moment.

However, please provide a non-theoretical example of where the control you keep mentioning matters for an audiogame?  Have you done a practical, completed project that could only be done in C/C++?  Has someone actually hit some sort of issue where only C/C++ and the headaches of manual memory management can solve it?

If I was going to put forward an objective measure of productivity, I would propose that more productive methods of software engineering are those which allow the programmer to think about less things.  C/C++ adds a hell of a lot to think about.  If you don't need what C/C++ offers, then you're probably losing quite a bit of time by having chosen to try to use it.  Even some high-frequency stock traders, the kind who rent computers near the stock exchanges because of the speed of light, use other tools.

I've watched you follow my trajectory for a long time and, like me in the C/C++ is amazing phase that I went through in 2014 or so, I doubt anything I can say will convince you right now.  But I'd honestly put money on you making a high-paying career around it over the next few years, then being yet another voice on the internet trying to explain to people how they really shouldn't be trying to use it unless they really need it for their project.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : mechaSkyGuardian via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : rory-games via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Hijacker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Jaidon Of the Caribbean via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : tunmi13 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector