Re: CityInc: an accessible passtime for micromanagement gamers

Righto, Dark, will attempt to answer all of your questions, but realize I might miss something as I'm currently sleep deprived and sleep is probably going to elude me for awhile longer still...
On my build page I get something that looks like the following to NVDA.
TRANSPORT
200
$3,420/cycle
Roads Cycle: 0.04s
It may look a little different to you if you've tampered with your settings as I have, so bare with me here.  I happen to know that I've bought 200 roads.  Obviously, when you start off you won't have 200 roads.  You'll actually see a little bit of text that says something along the lines of "click here to earn your first dollar."  Once you do that you should see that you actually have 1 road.  Clicking on that number, the number corresponding to the amount of whatever structure you have will give you the profit associated with that particular structure or real estate or space or whatever it is, provided that you have allowed the proper amount of time to pass.  IN the case of roads, that amount of time is 0.04 seconds; you can click on it every 0.04 seconds and generate cash.  This is what is known as the cycle.
So, in short, I can click on the 200 which is the number of roads I have and generate cash.  Obviously, that can get very tedious, very quickly, so the politician was created to step in, once you generate enough cash to pay for them.  Each site has a politician associated with it and you can navigate them using whatever your prefered method for navigating headdings is... I see my politician names appear as level 2 headings with their price at level 4 after clicking on the link labeled politics.  They're usually rather easy to understand but do have descriptions as to what they do between level 2 and level 4.  Purchasing each will autogenerate the profit associated with them; Obamacare for medical, schoolboard for education and Internal Revenue Service for banks and so on.
Moving on, debates is a bit like blackjack or 21, in which the aim of the game is to beat your adversary by obtaining a number of votes higher than theirs.  In this case, remember that there is a max of 210 votes per either side in a debate, that is, you must not exceed 210 votes, nor should your opponent.  To start a game of debates, simply navigate to the slider and increase or decrease it as necessary; you will see the amount you are actually putting in below the slider.  Once you've adjusted it to your liking push the start debate button.
Once you've pushed the button you have entered into a debate.  The page will change to reflect this by showing you something like the following:
My party
75
Votes left: 135…
Opposing party
4
Awaiting player…
Choose your argument
Transport
(30-90)
Civilian
(1-110)
Business
(50-150)
or...
Rest the case.
As mentioned above, this is like playing blackjack; it's a gamble either way.  We know that the opposing party has a total of 4 votes and our party at present has 75 votes, with 135 remaining before reaching 210; 75+135=210.  We are then told that transport might give us anywhere between 30 and 90 votes, civilian might give us anything between 1 and 110, and business may give us anything between 50 and 150.  For the sake of this demonstration I shall choose transport and see what happens.
My party
138
Votes left: 72…
Opposing party
49
Gained 45 votes…
As you can see, I've gained 45 votes bringing my total of votes to 138.  My opponent sits at 49.  I will once again choose transport and hope, but not cross my fingers for 72 votes or something close to it.
My party
173
Votes left: 37…
Opposing party
67
Gained 18 votes…
I'm not entirely feeling lucky today given many different things that have been going on, including an incident in another topic where I seriously misspelled clone, so I'm going to rest my case and hope for the best while expecting the worst.
My party
173
Holding argument
Opposing party
231
Congratulations, You won the debate!
You just made another $150!
That, in a nutshell and a half, is debates.  If you have any further questions, push them onto the topic and we'll see what we can do.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : matt1211 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : matt1211 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : wp85 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : brad via Audiogames-reflector