Re: need help with using speech in threads in python

Yeah. If it's I/O the GIL isn't out to murder you, and in general interacting with WX needs exactly this kind of thing anyway, so go for it. Had assumed that faster meant compute, because it usually does.

That said I did think that accessible_output2 could handle threads.  I guess I was wrong. Perhaps I'll read the source at one point.