Re: Pizza Clicker - Produce Pizza for your Customers!

Right. Long ish post coming up here.

Tunmi13 wrote:

No, this game didn't actually take 5 minutes to make, it took a whole week. Although I do understand your point, let me get this out there, there is goingto be an online scoreboard. But since some of us are so quick to jump to conclusions... you know what, I'm not going there. LOL.

Okay. Maybe it didn't take 5 minutes. The better question is... do I care? As a customer, I care about the end product and not the time it took to develop. I may point others back to your game if it's good and make them ask you how long it took to create such a project, but most of the times I just don't care if it takes you a week, a month, or 6 years to do it.
You are also boarding on begging for pity here. The first time I read your post it sounded like "But but but... Amerikranian, stop giving me negative comments because it took me an entire week to put this together!" Not gonna fly with me, sorry. Like I said, I care about the end result, and will only consider the effort when using your project as an example.

Tunmi13 wrote:

Apologies for double posting, but I'd also like to point out that just because of simplicity, doesn't exactly mean I made it in one sitting. Mohamed and I spent hours and days trying to put this together perfectly so that we wouldn't get criticized about its simplicity. We put in thieves, fires, and even a reward of a worker coming in 0.2. We put in randomness in all of it, all the timers, the sounds. But sometimes I guess us devs cannot satisfy you all the time. I guess I now understand why developers stop producing games for the 50 percent of you who won't even give a little credit for the game actually being out there. Some expect this huge awesome Mortal Kombat game with 3D sounds and stuff, right as the developer starts developing. Is that even valid? Does that even make sense?

I had a really hard time reading past the point of you talking about hours and days you've spent on the game. For me, this post is nothing but a desperate grab for pity. I also am slightly annoyed at you jumping on the "The community is so ungrateful" wagon when things get tough. Again, dude, I may appreciate the effort you've spent on the game, but releasing it at this stage was a big mistake. Also, point me to any post on this topic that says anything close to "you should have released a huge title!" Can't? Consider why, please. We want games with some thought behind them. We don't expect an RPG from somebody new

Tunmi13 wrote:

I also heard someone saying the sounds were very poorly chosen. Well, let me just say that the last time I tried using anything from my direct collection, some individuals decided it was an AWESOME idea to bash me for sound stealing, even though those sounds came from my library, so how would I know where they were actually from? Rather than criticizing the sound effects, how about some respect, and explain validly about which resources I may be needing to look into. Or, maybe actually providing me some sounds.

No! No no no no no no no! You can't use that argument to help your case. You've been in the developer's room plenty of times. There is a topic with a crap ton of resources for sounds sitting right at the top of the page! You had to see it given the myriad of times you've been in that area.
As for providing you with sounds... Maybe someone will. Thing is, it's not our job. We may do it if we think the game deserves some improvement in that area, but that's a large maybe. Point is, don't rely on the community to provide sounds unless you specifically ask for it before the release or when the majority seem happy with what you made.
Also, don't delete the topic. That's just cowardly in my eyes and wipes any potential history... for both you, me, and anyone else who has posted on here.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : SkyLord via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : tunmi13 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Vulcan_Raven via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Vulcan_Raven via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : SkyLord via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : tunmi13 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Vulcan_Raven via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JaceK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JaceK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ernie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : tunmi13 via Audiogames-reflector