Re: Finally, tts voices could come to IOS

My point isn't that Espeak is better. My point is that Espeak isn't worse, objectively.  I'm not saying anyone should switch, just pushing back against the if no eloquence then end of the world thing everyone always does.  It's really not the end of the world if Eloquence vanished tomorrow.

I'm sure someone is now going to find their favorite thing Espeak gets wrong, and claim that therefore Eloquence is objectively better.  I will just preemptively counter with Espeak doesn't have crash words in so far as I'm aware, such that game devs have to guard their chat systems to stop people from remotely crashing Jaws. Beyond that I'm not going to get drawn into the find the things Eloquence does worse, other than to say that I can if I put my mind to it.  I would honestly love it if people would realize that it really does come down to opinions at the end of the day.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : fatih via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : AudioGamer200 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Slender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : AudioGamer200 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : burak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : st . mc via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kool_turk via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : datajake1999 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector