Re: help with adding a health regenerating system

You know, rather than chew someone out, all of you could just choose to not help.

I don't have full context. I don't want full context or I'd have bothered to go read post histories.  But you know who else clones all the time?  The entire sighted game industry.  If someone is stealing code or art assets I have a problem, that's a different story.

But if they're just cloning, and they're at the point of not really being able to write something this basic on their own, then cloning is actually a great way to learn and all the new sighted devs do it all the time, for games or otherwise.  It's actually quite hard to figure out how to program an idea and have the idea at the same time.  Borrowing the idea lets you just focus on the code.

I understand that this site has had problems with code theft, and that drama happens, but at the same time if you log onto any sighted gaming platform you will find entire walls of clones staring you in the face.  It's not really that big a deal.  No one is forcing you to play the clones.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : tunmi13 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Meatbag via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : TheTrueSwampGamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ivan_soto via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Meatbag via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : rory-games via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : TheTrueSwampGamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ivan_soto via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : haily_merry via Audiogames-reflector