Re: prepare for covid 19

@2
I'd say probably around 50% of jobs can be done from home.

I really wish people would stop wining about the economy.  It's not going to be a great depression and as @3 is pointing out, the actual worst case of "who do we put in intensive care, and who do we let die" is being faced by other countries already.

@4
Covid-19 isn't airborne.  The primary infection vectors are hands and droplet inhalation.  I don't know where you're getting your information, but staying at home and washing your hands are very effective ways to stop the spread.

You can get it by shaking hands with someone who has it,then rubbing your face/eating/whatever else puts it near mucus membranes; by touching something with Covid-19 on it, then rubbing your face/eating/whatever else puts it near mucus membranes; or by inhaling after someone with it sneezes or coughs.  Fortunately for the hands cases, soap and hand sanitizer kill it.

Additionally you can be an asymptomatic carrier for up to 2 weeks, which means getting it and giving it to others without knowing that you are.

Staying home is about preventing the sorts of communal contact that lets it jump from person to person, and stopping things like coronavirus on the elevator buttons, where the impact of someone who has it can get magnified tenfold.

No, it's not the black death or something.  Depending where you are stayaing home may not be warranted yet.  The U.S. isn't even asking for it yet for the most part, just shutting down the biggest, highest risk types of activities.  But can we please, please stop downplaying this?  The U.s has something like quintupled cases since last Friday.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Lindworm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Lindworm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Lindworm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Vulcan_Raven via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Quentin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Vulcan_Raven via Audiogames-reflector