Re: Corona Virus: is it the beginning of the end?

colombia, update
Schools and universities closed and suspended classes, most of them are looking into online migration.
People stocked up stupidly on toilet paper and lots lots of gel so stores are out of stock and now limiting quantities of things people may buy.
Cases went from 1 (march six) to about 54 (today). Most of them (28) are located in the capital where I live.
Streets are desolating a bit, but that is only in the northen part where I am.
As for me, I postponed everything. I will just do the necessary trips, quickly and purposefully. I do wash my hands and thankfully we had got a complete jar of rubbing alcohol a couple weeks back as a general precaution, not really due to the virus but due to everything in general... stuff you should just have handy anytime. My brother and I went shopping last week and we definitely stocked up nicely with real food. Most silly people are buying the frozen dried dinners and so on which are definitely unhealthy things to consume during these times.
Oh yes. Gatherings of up to at most 50 people are allowed, some cinemas decided to close all of their spaces autonomously... I suspect it will become worse during these days. I am isolating at home because I do not want to pas the virus to others in case I get it, and because there are just many many very easy ways to get it and or spread it as well.
Two big fundamental problems are:
1. A severe lack of culture in this place. Many people go to the doctor only when they are minutes from dying, or are forced to work by their irresponsible bosses. Or, misinterpret  the message to stay home as some sort of extended vacations... well, look at what exactly happened in Italy where the virus totally got out of control. In the other hand, some primitives have vandalized (by for example throwing rocks at homes) of some people who were reported as infected) and others have been threatened.
2. In this country more than the rest of the world... health system is very fragile, inefficient, tangled up, already collapsed. This is why its better if we can all put life on hold for a week... so that cases hopefully will not reach 100 and we can just make this over as soon and as quickly as possible.
In fact, the virus is powerful enough so that any robust health system will collapse (look at Spain's deplorable situation)
Some people here in social networks compare (spread false information) that dengue kills many many more people and no one is complaining, but the truth is that when detected on time and correctly (you have way more time than the coronavirus gives you) its mortality can be less than one percent and there are actually treatments for the thing.
The news reported that the first case of the virus here has been already overcome and the person is cured. And by doing so in this way they are also being totally irresponsible, because given some characteristics of  this new  virus, there are different things that immediately raise a red flag:
1. You might already carry it but never show any symptoms, so spreading it is done unconsciously. It also spreads efficiently (you can give it up to 3 people) Furthermore, a badly cleaned spoon or fork (you would be surprised but most people are not responsible with such a simple everyday chore in the world) is a perfect vehicle for entry into the body.
2. Vaccine will take at least a year (and this implies that nothing goes wrong and even so we would be breaking a time record, as most of them take 5 to 15 years to be created)
3. A major stopper on a vaccine is that the virus, once someone's got it, can and is totally reappearing . So if you think you are a super strong, athletic fit thtat has totally gotten over all of the sickness and so on, you can actually get sick again and even die.

and to those who say washing hands is not effective or is a silly point to get across, you should really try to understand the science behind  why this works and how a virus gets totally erased when you do it, or in other words, you can't even for a million dollars, get a drug for the coronavirus, but your grandmother’s bar of soap kills it.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : aryamansingh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rwbeardjr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rwbeardjr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : thetechguy via Audiogames-reflector