7 Degrees of Freedom mud Tutorial

Hi all,
So, this tutorial I find odd as I examine everything i could find in the first room and nothing happens. The sage Amelyn in theory is supposed to guide you, as he says that some words are highlighted in Cion, like that really helps us.
and the item that seems to be worth checking in there is the Pine Needles, but it doesn't seem obvious what to do from it. It says
"It seems that something is preventing the needles from growing."
"Alas, that's all you learned from them."
Looking behind, under etc all the look commands you can do in an abur mud don't lead me anyware. The large rock that's set aside the path is also just as vague, with "the path" appearing to be scenery to what is to the north. This is supposed to be a tutorial, so I dunno why these things are so vague. Plus, if I was new to mudding the only commands that Amelyn gives is the look command for viewing the description and the examine or s earch also works, command, to examine items. So, if I were new to mudding I'd expect Amelyn, after examining said item, to give me some kind of clue as to what to do with the pine needles or rock, of which I seem to be unable to do anything. There has to be something you have to do in that room to make the tutorial progress. BTW, the pine needles are decaying under a clearing, but again, just scenery to spice up the description. Can't actually look at or examine the clearing. Logic would dictate that the Rock would obviously have something to do with the needles to not grow, but all I can deduce from examining the rock is that it's smoothe and flows with the stream bed that you can't examine.

The connection information is: 7dof.org port 6715