Re: Manamon 2: Impressions Thread

Blame Aaron for not making the most out of his game, and for repeating many of the mistakes of his previous game.
If the game had more replay value, if manamon had more move choices (read: teachable moves), if there was a bit more of a postgame, if the game just had a cleaner face on it, I have no doubt that there'd be a better online trade and battle business going on. However, the game has fallen short of that, and appears to be dying even faster than manamon 1. Which is, in all honesty, a shame, because for everything it got wrong, it did a bunch of things right. The new trade system is wonderfully quick and painless (though it would be nice to be able to see a list of open rooms or whatnot, I don't know how feasible that is), there are many more manamon and moves to play with, and most manamon get decent moves of their own and a few supporting types (some better than others). There's also some great exploration. But ultimately, I think it's fallen short.

Good on the Calculade thing. For those curious, I believe that Blade Dodderator has higher physical attack and gets physical moves, while Brain Dodderator has higher special attack and learns mostly special moves. Otherwise, I think their stats are pretty much the same (bulky, middling defenses, fairly slow). It's good to finally, finally have some clarity here.