Re: Distance Learning and Math Courses

That may just be by virtue of having failing eyeballs - I think it's fairly reasonable to assume that even if your brain is performing at a level comparable to your peers, you're still at the mercy of navigating by sound than vision which is objectively slower. The unfortunate thing about blindness is that even though you may be of equal or greater intelligence than others around you, you're bound by X Y and/or Z, all things outside of your control. That honestly is something I've come to terms with -- it's monumentally unfair, but that's the way it goes, as sad as it is. There are ways to minimize this burden in certain classes, but it all depends on how you work and what helps you learn the best. Some blind students take the "spend 6-8 hours a week writing everything down in LaTeX" approach in their math classes which is ridiculously wasteful to me, but as long as they're happy in doing so, more power to those folks. I simply just want to learn, demonstrate proficiency, get the A and move on, but everyone has their own values and agendas to adhere to, so my opinion is as important as the ply of toilet paper you use.
TLDR; I think you're just discovering what it's like being a blind CS major. I don't know anyone who's graduated with this particular degree and has a significant amount of vision loss who said it was easy, so the required amount of dedication is quite frankly above average compared to sighted students.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : leibylucw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : leibylucw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : leibylucw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : The Dwarfer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rwbeardjr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : leibylucw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rwbeardjr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : leibylucw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : leibylucw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : leibylucw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : leibylucw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : leibylucw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kaigoku via Audiogames-reflector