Re: An error when using SDL in C

I'm not sure as to how to link libraries in the dev powershell. The tutorial did mention adding the file in VS code, but I figured that, ur, the cl command would do it for me? Figures me being wrong.
Trouble is, googling the question doesn't give me much of an answer. All the articles I found keep talking about doing it directly with VS, something I really can't use do to how laggy it's input and navigation is on my end.
The tutorial also has a guide on setting SDL up with mingw on windows, but I lucked out there as well. No matter what I download and or install, something either doesn't work as the guide on using the said installer says it should or does not come with the software. The latter option forces me to google even more and fail to find anything useful as of now.
I did manage to install GCC once, but when I did gcc -v it printed something along the lines of 0.92 or somewhere in that range, causing me to conclude that the installer was broken. It was indeed, but I digress.
I heard of cmake files and do think that you are right in a sense that I need to start using them... but one step at a time as they say.