Re: silver dollar crack

@Roro, silver dolar is a game available from Draconis for Mac and windows. It's a set of arcade style games themed around a wild west saloon bar. There is the old Esp Woopass game, there is a game where you shoot flying plates out of midare and there is a fruit machine. The games are fairly simple but it only costs two dolars anyway (another reason why asking for a crack is more than a little silly).

For more information see This page in th db

Regarding the suggestion of an anti piracy warning To be honest I agree with Fastfinge , all a constant warning would do is irritate legitimate customers who wanted to play the game rather than discourage game piracy.

Back in the days of films on Vhs video cassette's I remember most videos came with a warning about not copying them at the beginning. Well once I saw a chat show where the host spoke to the boring fellow who recorded the warning message and asked him what it felt like to be the most fast forwarded man in the world big_smile.

That being said, I do think there might be some mileage in sticking an explanation in the manual, not just a "please don't pirate our games because it's wrong and you are a bad criminal if you do" but something along the lines of "please don't pirate our games because we won't sell many copies and need to buy sound libraries and such to develop more games"

I actually saw a similar message myself yesterday, when i went onto the Ios Ap store to buy inquisitor which appologised for the rather high £7.50 price tag, but stated that they needed to fund multi linqual voice acting for over twenty thousand words of text, which kept the price up.

This I can appreciate.

Yes, there will still be people who will try to pirate games, but equally your more likely to convince someone not to by explaining why not as opposed to just giving a categorical order, as well as showing your customers your not just some massive faceless corporation who treats customers just as another number in the millions that get input into the prophit machine.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : roro via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : fastfinge via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : fastfinge via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : roro via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : roro via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : paddy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : paddy via Audiogames-reflector