Re: Bookrage's choiceofgames reviews

a second look at "Choice of the vampire"

hello all,

I would like to make a few short comments on "Choice of the Vampire," as I have replayed it a few more times since my review. I think my review is still a proper assessment of the game's merrits and demerrits, but I would like to make a few comments on what I have realized since then as I have played.

I said that the chapters were not easily divided and there were very few of them. This is true but having played a number of different playstyles through this story now, It's a result that the story is in fact quite branching and that some parts of the story even send you to different geographic locations based on what you choose to do.

Second, I encourage you to play with a variety of creators, although some parts of the story overlap depending on what you choose to do, some interactions throughout the story are very different and varied based on who you choose.

Languages also matter and the story has a pretty good handling of skills and languages you possess. My last game was a sort of game where I didn't learn English until towards the very end and almost missed that opportunity too and that lack of English wasn't a mere cosmetic inconvenience either.

I think that the game still focusses on lust too much and there are times where it seems to really ham-handedly force changes in your actions whether you want to or not, but the game has a much more varied amount of choice and differences based on playstyle than I belived at first.

I am going to review my list and if this game is below "Choice of the Star Captain" I'm probably going to have to swap their positions.

Coming soon, "A Second look at "To the City in the Clouds"" which will include a full review as I realize I did not provide a sufficient one last time, mostly because I didn't realize that the game was short in length, but quite broad in scope within the short and not too numerous chapters.