Re: A new SoundFont made by me: FPD98, a 90's Japanese soft synth

@ashleygrobler04, Think of a soundfont as a sort of bank of instruments. I'm not going to go into detail but file types of soundfonts include SF2, SF3, SFZ, SFLIST, SFARK and SFPACK. Don't worry about what they mean too much. Just know that SFARK and SFPACK are archives and need to be extracted using either SFARK or SFPACK. Otherwise, you'll usually be using the SF2 extension, which is just a soundfont. To use it, you need to install a soundfont player. I suggest Bass MIDI as it is simple, free and accessible. If you can't find a good version, I'll provide a link to an installer. Next, you need to use a DAW or MIDI sequencer that can take advantage of ports. I use QWS as I don't know how to use Reaper and QWS is free (though being a MIDI sequencer you need to have soundfonts at hand). Once you've got those, you just need some soundfonts. I can upload my entire collection but you could also look around the Internet for free soundfonts. Just keep digging.
Hopefully that gave you a brief intro though I am by no means an expert on this either.