Re: finding information about android accessibility, tips, tricks and soOn

Hi,
I also had trouble finding good tutorials when I had or tried Android phones. It's a pity that when I'd ask on the mailing lists, the people would rather help with maintaining that Android is just as capable if not more than the iPhone in terms of accessibility. The info on the Inclusive Android was outdated for the most part.
So what I did was, explore the whole settings of the screen reader I was using and experiment with different aps to see which combination would give the best performance.
My advice to you: try seeing Android as something completely new. Don't expect anything from it based on what you have had before or what have you worked before with. Forget the speed, simplicity, accuracy and the efficiency of Voiceover. It's a different level. It doesn't matter what you use: Talkback, Voice assistant, or this Commentary thing. All will lead to slightly varrying or the same results.
About the Commentary screen reader: I find it quite difficult to understand it. The menues are not straightforward at all. It may be a really good concept, but if I can't make use of it, what's the point in praising the screen reader.

I also tried both the recent versions of Voice assistant and Talkback, and Voice assistant performs better on the Samsung.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Makiocento via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nerdcasm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nerdcasm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aron Leppik via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : BlindNinja via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector