Re: Galactic Colonies: Public accessible alpha version available

One of the issues that I keep reading a lot seems to be the connections and the adjacency of buildings.
It's quite clear to us that we need to work on the accessibility of this part of the game some more.

The surface of the planet is actually a hex grid. Each tile borders to 6 other tiles.
This part is easy to understand.

In the beginning, only a small part of the planet's surface is discovered.
Right now, swiping right will go through all the tiles that are uncovered in order.
This means that when you reach the edge of the discovered area, and keep swiping, you are taken to the first tile in the next row of tiles. This could potentially be quite far away from the last tile in the previous row. Further than the allowed maximum connection distance for warehouses.

I think where we need to massively improve is how these tiles are navigated.
We're currently thinking directional swiping - up, down, left up, left down, right up and right down.
Let me know what you think about that, I would like some feedback.

I don't know if this helps - but you can also do touch explore on the planet surface. Meaning you can touch the screen and move around slowly. That way you can hear what's directly around your building.
If you select a building with a swipe, it will be in the center of the screen.