Re: Corona Virus: is it the beginning of the end?

@523 Same here with the rest of the school year. Doing that is a lot smarter then what a few states like Georgia are doing. On another note, our President has suggested injecting people with disinfectant and using ultraviolet light to kill the virus. The following quotes are from a news article, but I can verify that this is what was said as I heard the recording earlier today. I am pasting these because when I listen to it I didn’t get a true appreciation for how nonsensical these are. When written out, I struggle to understand what he’s even saying.

“Supposing we hit the body with a tremendous — whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light. And I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but we’re going to test it? And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside the body, either through the skin or some other way.” [ 4/24/20

“And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute — one minute — and is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that.” [ 4/24/20

And then there’s a suggestion of his that reportedly led to the death of a person.

“The hydroxychloroquine and the Z-pack, I think, as a combination, probably, it’s looking very, very good.” [ 3/23/20

Trump’s unscientific advice is getting noticed, and for one couple, it had  deadly consequences Link . After hearing about the potential “cure” on TV last month, a couple in Arizona noticed that their fish tank cleaner also contained chloroquine. They took it, believing it would prevent them from getting COVID-19. Trump’s unscientific advice is getting noticed, and for one couple, it had  deadly consequences. After hearing about the potential “cure” on TV last month, a couple in Arizona noticed that their fish tank cleaner also contained chloroquine. They took it, believing it would prevent them from getting COVID-19.

It immediately made them sick. The husband passed away, and the wife was in the hospital under critical care.