Re: Our first application, covid19 tracker

First I will say, good job on creating a well made program guys, and it's great that you are trying to help the community with your skills!

However, I think you were right to hesitate about releasing it.  The API quality is far more important than the program's quality.  And if your results are unwittingly misleading people than your program is doing more harm than good.
Also, there are other accessible trackers already available, what does yours offer that's different?  What is the goal here aside from creating something?

I personally find the idea of constantly checking the stats to be an unhealthy pastime as it is, as it really doesn't help you be any more safe and even the best numbers aren't very accurate.  Hearing updates in the news every day or two should be good enough.
Some would say that it is not your responsibility as the authors to control how people use your program, and I partially agree, but I also find that trackers like these are almost expressly made for the purpose of checking several times a day, so it isn't as if you would not expect most users to do that exact thing.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Donavin . Liebgott via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ashleygrobler04 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Donavin . Liebgott via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Makiocento via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Donavin . Liebgott via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Makiocento via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Donavin . Liebgott via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Makiocento via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : visualstudio via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ashleygrobler04 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : manamon_player via Audiogames-reflector