Re: Switching from ios to android, some advice?

I have a samsung s9 plus and love it. It has no physical home button, but the home button is still where it typically is at the bottom center of the phone, with a recent apps button to the left and a back button to the right, both of which are also not physical. I really like having a dedicated back button as it makes closing out ads and backing out of apps much easier and I hear people myself included back in the day complain about not being able to close out an ad without going all the way back to home.

Speaking of the home button, at least on this divice, you can have it give you tactile feedback when you press it, and increase the necessary pressure to activate it so you dont accidentally trigger it when your phone is locked.

Generally speaking, the android experience is highly customizable to your own preferences, so you may find yourself fiddling with other apps to find what best suits you. My first smart divice was an ipod touch 4th gen that I used for about 3 years and bought over a hundred dollars of apps and games before I had to get a phone replacement which ended up being a hand me down of my dad's samsung s5, and man it was like a whole new language back then and accessibility wasnt even as good back then as it is now. But it took me like a day and a half to learn the basics, everything else came with time. Every screen reader should have it's own tutorial in settings, accessibility. What remains the same across both platforms is the swiping to what you want, double tapping to select it, double tapping and holding to perform a long tap, and touch to explore. Everything else is different depending on your screen reader of choice, so no screw or scrub jestures. If you do go the samsung route and decide on using voice assistant, then there are just about as many jestures as their are on an iphone, but they're going to be all new. I encourage you to stick with it a while and think of it as a chance to explore a new toy and learn its ins and outs. We have a lot of android users now, myself included, that you can turn to and ask question or help problem solve if you are stuck on an issue, and you can find me on post 67 of the share your name thread for a more direct inquiry if you have any. I won't sit here and tell you that android is a superior platform, because I've been a part of both worlds, and see things to like about both. What I will say, though, is that it's not impossible to learn and use, and you can be just as productive on one as you can with the other. It just takes some learning, like everything else.

I hope that helps. I also hope you have gotten to enjoy random adventure roguelike 2. For questions on that or for more game recommendations, please feel free to look me up like I said before, or send me a pm here and let me know somewhere if you do.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : michaelhoffman1976 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : serrebi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Makiocento via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ashleygrobler04 via Audiogames-reflector