Issue hosting Dragon Pong

A friend of mine is unable to host a Dragon Pong server or connect to anyone else. The program runs normally, but upon connection, it brings up a standard Windows error message stating that the program has stopped working and an error is sent to Microsoft. I can't figure out what's causing this issue. This also occurs with Top Speed 3. I've had him do a repair Windows installation, install Jim Kitchen's Winkit, and install Entombed which installs Direct X. None of these fix the issue. Does anyone have any other solutions? The programs run normally and will technically connect to other devices on the Internet, they just crash immediately after doing so. This doesn't happen with any other multiplayer game to my nowledge.