Re: iPhone SE 2020 edition

@Simter, 54, your point doesn't necessarily have to hold valid across the board; I couldn't tell you why you got a phone that acted that way, but that doesn't mean it'll happen to anyone else.  We set up two phones in 30 minutes and didn't come across that issue.
@cj89, 55, unless you're going to be facetiming all the time or streaming youtube on a regular basis on your phone, the SE 2020 should do you well.  Nightshade and I both love to listen to stuff together when we rest.  We couldn't for a long time come up with a good solution, given my hearing impairment and not wanting to wake children up and the fact that most of our stuff resides on huge bulky harddrives which are all connected to my desktop, located in our living room, not bedroom.  The solution?  HQ streaming through TT to our phones and wireless keyboards for our PC's.  The way we figure it is that bluetooth has delay issues too, so really there's no real tradeoffs here.  We dealt with the fact that with the 6s+'s that we had we just had to keep them plugged in through the night if we wanted to listen to anything and ended up falling asleep or whatever.  With the new phones we can listen, safely, for at least 12 hours, which will drop you anywhere from 30 to 35 percent, assuming your phone was fully charged when you started.  Bard is even more forgiving; 12 hours of streaming audiobooks from the NLS through the bard app only takes the SE down to about 60.
Now, obviously the catch here is still and has always been that the more a battery drops, the faster it drops, so once you hit the 30's you can definitely assume your phone is going to start dropping faster, even if it's just on standby.  I accidentally forgot to plug mine in yesterday until right before I was going to bed and went from 34 to 24, though that took 12 hours and I honestly can't tell you how many calls I received or other notifications I may have gotten between then and there without looking at them... I can say that I didn't really mess with my phone for most of the day.  Charging it however only took about an hour, so no harm done.  I was a bit skeptical about wireless charging too, but I found to my surprise that it charges just as well as being plugged in.  Closely but not entirely related, I used to see the separate little dongle that Apple sells as an inconvenience; why not just leave the 3.5mm headphone jack alone and stuff?  I still don't have an answer to that question and doubt I ever will, but as BT connectivity becomes a go-to for most everyone there had to be a workaround for those who just didn't like BT earbuds and don't feel they meet up to the expectation, and here is where i do believe Apple delivered with its little lightning accessory, letting you both charge and listen at the same time.  Yes, it is worth the price.