Re: server rental options

OK, so I have been playing more and more around with stuff. I like that almost anything can be done via the terminal, but not always. Especially, getting the bgt programs to work under wine, its been impossible. I tried to run the crazy party server (though i am not sure if the server.exe file is the only thing needed)
but then ran into lots and lots of errors.
More than half of them were solved by using x11 forwarding, meaning, the server had to show a window in my desktop.
All of the other ones are for some strange reason, alsa lib ones, which have to do with sound. I tried searching everywhere, I used winetricks to install direct sound and so on, and no dice. I also tried to get the dotnet framework installed thinking it was that, but also, nothing changed.
But at least the server window came up, although in an accessible way, because apparently, every window and so on that xming creates will by nature, be inaccessible. Has anyone actually managed to do any of this? or can any of you recommend accessible ways to use a server more directly or without resorting to the terminal with PuTTY, such as remote desktop?
my other alternative, especially for stuff like dragonpong was to just set up a vpn in there and route all of the traffic to my computer, so when people connect to my host they would actually connect to the server which would redirect all traffic to my actual pc, but I will have to read and learn more before trying to do anything else. For now though, the jamming server works wonderfully.