Re: server rental options

Chris wrote:

How do you set up a VPN to do that? I've been wanting to host a VPN on my Linode and then have traffic sent to the Linode's public IP address and on a specific port be routed to my computer without the need to have other people configure the VPN on their systems. I'd like to host Dragon Pong, Palace Punch-up, Laser Breakout, and Acefire myself while I'm away from home.

that is the part that your post, namely post  2 talks about that is hard to do. I have to do yet some more reading and things. Maybe a proxy is what is needed and not a vpn? or, you are the one that connects to the vpn instead and others will simply see your pc transparently. I know it can be done.
but I was able to host cp just fine
edit: yup, a proxy is what you will need, more specifically a SOCKS one. its better to have one application opened than to route your entire computer traffic (such as windows update) through it by using a VPN, though I guess if you don't mind all of your data use running through your vps then a vpn is the way to go, plus it has less overhead than a proxy.