Re: Tips on losing weight.

also, eat smaller, balanced meals like so:
one food from the protein group (this one is what you would serve yourself the most)
one from the carbs group (this one should be more restrained)
and one from the fiber foods group (this one would be almost in between the protein and the carbs)
but eat about 4 to 5  such meals throughout the day. Snack light but filling things like almonds, yogurt, an avocado slice topping a whole grain toast and so on, there is actually plenty of light interesting things you can eat and still have a sweet or cheat food thing every once in a while.
Yup, exercise is not really the one that helps you shred through pounds but it has so many other good things in it for you that you might as well start... the plus side is that you will then have to start eating a lot, after some time of disciplined exercising, you will need it when your muscles start to grow (and trust me its really hard to get them pumped up naturally, so if that is one goal for you, there might be more stuff besides eating more that you will have to do). You can even bring back your fast food cravings once every week if you wish.
Re: drinking water... its OK to drink some, but let thirst direct how much, because after all, juices, fruits, vegetables and other stuff contain water too and its not really a good idea to force yourself to the infamous eight glasses a day rule.
But I still think that heating and living healthy is just the key to it all.
I do weightlifting (all muscles, from abs to chest to legs and shoulders and arms)and several types of cardio so I don't get bored, normally my 90 minute or so, routines now because of the whole corona situation are every other day. But it still feels good even though it might be a bit of torture at first, so take it easy and have patience with yourself if its too difficult. And yes, everyone is different and might require a different approach to everything, but I just posted what worked for me.