Re: a great coding resource, free code camp .org

Hah,

Found that, did you? smile
I have been involved with making FreeCodeCamp accessible for the last few years. I'm even mentioned in one of the tasks currently, although they do intend to overhaul the curriculum soon to make it more project-based.
So, they mostly teach HTML, CSS and _javascript_, with recently Python as well. I wasn't aware they taught PHP but I might just have missed it.
Where a lot of websites use CodeMirror or it's derivatives for the interactive code editor, Codecademy comes to mind, FreeCodeCamp now uses the Monaco editor, which is theeditor component of Visual Studio Code. I've been working with that team as well to make the editor accessible and even though it's still a work in progress, it's miles ahead of any other Windows-based editor in my opinion, although using NVDA is highly recommended for now.
Also ...I don't mean to bash Codecademy, they are working on making their stuff more accessible and once that happens I would totally recommend them as a resource, as well. I should go see how that is going actually smile

Zersiax

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : rory-games via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Gaki_shonen via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : komutan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : manamon_player via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : thetechguy via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : an idiot via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : an idiot via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : monkey999 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Zersiax via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : kaigoku via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Jaidon Of the Caribbean via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : rory-games via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : rory-games via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : UltraLeetJ via Audiogames-reflector