recommendation for duel audio/charging adapters for IPhones?

Hi all,
Many of you know that IPhones no longer have a headphone jack. When I first got my IPhone 7 in 2016, I purchased a Belkin adapter for $40 which allows me to charge my phone and use standard 3.5MM headphones at the same time. It's basically a little box with lightning and 3.5MM female jacks on one side, and a short cable leading to a lightning male plug on the other.

All in all I'd say the adapter has lasted solidly for 3 years. But recently it has begun to fail due to wear and tear. The failure has been ongoing for some time and is slowly progressive. While the adapter still works, the charging part disconnects often when the cable gets moved, and over the past few days my phone has begun to think it is an unsupported accessory from time to time. For the price I would've expected it to last a bit longer, but oh well. So I have been looking around for replacements.

Until now, I thought Belkin made the only product on the market which could do this, but uncle Google tells me there are other ones, and a friend of mine also found other ones too which are much cheaper. Part of me wants to shell out another 40 bucks to buy the same one I had, that way I'm sure I know what I'm getting. I have the funds so I could afford it but, I also feel like I should be looking for cheaper options, since I think they exist and I'm optimistic that they would meet my needs.

I think there's reason to exercise  some caution though. I've briefly read that some adapters have limited functionality eg. not being able to work during a phone call. I also worry about added noise from the headphone input. The Belkin one I have just works flawlessly on all counts, no additional noise from what I can tell, no degradation in sound quality and it works all the time regardless of what the phone is doing, so I don't want to lose functionality.

So I guess what I'm asking is, firstly, does anyone have recommendations for adapters for this purpose, and secondly, is it relatively safe to get a cheap one and assume it doesn't have limitations and sounds good?

Thanks for any input you can provide!