Re: Aurora 4X, Back to More Accessible Stars

Majno,

What settings did you change when you set up the game? That doesn't look anything like the default setup, and in particular that population number is really weird.

How long have you been playing this game? Your starting racial wealth should be scaled based on population, and you definitely don't begin in debt, so the only way you could be in debt is if you spent a large amount on something, or if your game settings were messed up somewhere.

You also probably should change your decimal separator in WINdows, as currently you're using a period to separate thousands and a comma to separate decimals, which the game doesn't support. If you need help doing this I can walk you through the procedure.

I'm very confused by your game display, though it suggests that you're just starting to go into debt. I suspect that the decimal issue is largely responsible for some of the problem, at least, it's definitely not helping things.

I would also really like to know what happens when you start with a standard, default game and change nothing at all. Wealth is supposed to not really be a thing you worry about unless you build a lot of ships or other construction. In fact, it's very possible to stay with positive growth most of the time.

So any info you could give on this would help me figure out what's going on here.

You might want to restart with a fresh database when you can change your decimal separator, just in case that's been corrupted somehow.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : zkline via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : bananas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LordLundin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : zkline via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : zkline via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : majno via Audiogames-reflector