Re: Discworld Mud

Like Sirbadger I had the same issue.
I did the newbie pumpkin village, found lots of quests and hideen stuff, practiced my skills then suddenly found myself in Ankh-Morpork.
I didn't have as much trouble knowing where things were, but there were no quests, tasks, or anything to do. There was a "quests" command, but it gave a list so long and criptic it was of no use at all,  and when I asked on the newbie channel people just told me "getting into the game is hard." and didn't offer any help.

I was also very disappointed that when I ran into characters I knew from the books, I couldn't interact with tthem, much less get jobs to do.
Really, I was hoping that a diskworld mud would let me get jobs from the city watch, deliver some post for moist vonlipwig, maybe go and have the librarian ask me to find him a rare book, but when I did find characters i knew from the books such as Corporal Knobbs, , they didn't interact with my character at all.

It was a shame, i'd read the wiki and in game help and such, and there would be so much about stuff to do, then I'd go back to the game and just wind up wandering the streets like a beggar, and after doing this for a couple of hours I just plane gave up.

I would have to find and install mushclient, or maybe uncouple the alteraeon plugins from mushZ, since usually I use Vipmud for muds, but really, simply the notes on the job market might help here, if I decide to give the game another try.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : raven via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : goran via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : moaddye via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : goran via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : SirBadger via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : moaddye via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : SirBadger via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : SirBadger via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mirage via Audiogames-reflector