Re: Big-ass spoiler warning: Mortal Kombat 11 aftermath discussion

I think that combo strings and juggles are just as present in mk as they are in tekken. They are just shorter and have more variety to make up for the lack of 3d movement, especially in the last 2 games it would seem. I remember how I used to pull off a 23 hit juggle combo with Liu kang in mk9, and part of that was bouncing the enemy off the walls, but I think that the shortening g of combo strings and juggle opportunities was introduced to add more variation to what techniques you rely on, because I just dont seem to be able to find combos like that anymore, and destructible walls and stage transitions seem to be there so that people dont rely so much on wall bounce backs. That's not to say that tekkens gameplay isnt as deep as mk, it's just as deep, but in a much different yet similar way, especially since both games are 4 button fighters and have a foundation of combo strings.

As a side note, I really liked tekken's fighting engine until they introduced rage arts in tekken 7. Yeah they are like mk's fatal blows and xrays, but I really wish that tekken didnt become like other fighting games by introducing slow motion dramatic flashy specials, so I favor what was there from the first game on up to 6 and tekken tag tournament 2, so was able to grant the series a greater amount of respect for not trying to be like other fighting games and give people an easy way to reclaim bictory.