Re: Big-ass spoiler warning: Mortal Kombat 11 aftermath discussion

My absolute favorite tekken games are tekken 3 on psx and tekken dark resurrection on psp. Tekken 5 which dark resurrection was based on has like 4 different arcade games on the disc, which also make it worth owning in my opinion. Tekken 5 was a celebration of ten years of the series, so it had arcade sports of tekken 1, 2 and 3, as well as a bonus unlockable space shooter that is shown upon bootup as a reference to how the original tekken on playstation let you play the bonus stage in galiga while the game is loading, but in the case of tekken 5, you can play through the entirety of the fully voiced arcade port of star blade. After spending tons of hours with tekken 5, I got dark resurrection on psp, which drops the arcade games, the free roaming side-story dedicated to gin, and introduced 2 new characters, and tons more gameplay modes including tekken dojo and tekken bowling. For the first time ever, I felt like I was playing an uncompromised port of a console game on a handheld, and that's what makes that one special to me.

There is not a single dud in the main series or spinoff and I can find something positive to say about all of them. Tekken 4 and 5/dark resurrection introduces voiced bios for each characters, so maybe start with one of those, but you can't go wrong with anything from tekken 1 through 7, and either of the tekken tag games. Tekken advance is bare bones but was fine for a portable console of it's time, and tekken 3d prime is a slightly stripped down version of tekken 6 for the 3ds in terms of modes but makes up for it by including of a full length movie.

Back on topic, I am kinda curious how long the story content is myself and hope it lasts a while. Those who have yet to buy the game are getting a really good deal, especially when the full package goes on discount. I'm only paying 6 bucks more than I would if I never bought the game, so not too bothered, but I can understand the frustration of those that bought the original at full price. I'm just happy to support netherrealm for keeping mk alive and relevant.