Re: Horror Podcast Recommendation: The Magnus Archives

Ooh, a playlist. That's even better.

Okay
potential
spoilers
beyond

For those of you who know the series, this won't matter, and I might even be wrong. Also note that I'm staying way the hell away from the wiki or other spoilers, so while I don't mind vague ideas or hints or whatnot, I absolutely don't want any spoiler bombs dropped.

Anyway, here's my theory.

Every episode so far has to do with some sort of fear, and every episode has to do with something weird related to that fear. First is fear of being snatched, or perhaps of something beyond your comprehension. Then fear of being compelled, also fear of dead things and the unknown. Fear of compulsion again, plus the weird hypnotic table. Fear of vertigo, wide-open spaces, our relative smallness in the world, and possibly of lightning? Then fear of flesh, perhaps religious fear. Then fear of corruption, pestilence, microscopic living things. Then of slaughter, mindless violence. Attached to every one is at least some sort of otherworldly activity. My bet is, there are multiple entities in play here, and each is somehow associated with a fear or group of fears.
That's all I've got right now, but bear in mind, I'm something of a horror buff, and I look for patterns.