Re: punbb forum

Ok so this is actually really simple. Keep in mind I haven't used punBB in a long time so I might be forgetting things.
First, you need to create a new user group, let's call it restricted, and set it as the default group for new members. Then go into the settings of your newly created group and disable creation of posts and topics in all rooms other than the one you wish restricted users to post to. I would recommend you only allow posts there though so new users can't create new topics in your restricted users room. Of course unrestricting users is as simple as setting their group to the regular member one. HTH.