How to record gameplay videos

Hello folks. I'd like to record some gameplay to post in my youtube channel but I am not sure how to do it. Any hints of softwares and how to use are extremely welcome. I also would like to find a good recorder for skype, cause sometimes I'll be playing with someone else and it would be cool to add the conversation about the game.
Best regards, Haramir.