Re: how far have we really taken these rules on the forum!

Hi, folks,

I did my research on this before pulling the trigger. I've learnt my lesson when it comes to jumping guns. That doesn't mean I'll never slip again, but it does mean I'm more careful than some of you folks would like to think.

This wasn't petty. It was well considered. I'd have done the same for anyone else doing the same. It is not personally motivated either.

To be clear: MacOS is free to use under certain conditions, but from the research I performed, those conditions do not include a VM on a windows machine. If it was just "Hey guys, this is the new link to MacOS" or whatever, fine. But the tool was meant specifically to get around Apple not wanting you to use their software in this fashion, and it was being spread with an "Apple is a huge company, so they're not gonna care" mentality. Those are pretty big red flags, and I think I was more than justified in what I did.

Also, please bear in mind that I was one of the folks advocating for CP to stop being allowed here because of the literally hundreds of illegal assets it contains. I like the concepts, I think it's a hell of a project combination and I'm glad it's free (if it was paid, we really would have to remove it from the site, for obvious reasons), but piracy is piracy. I've been hoping folks would do the right thing and update the sounds and music for literally years now, and no one's doing it. I like this hypocrisy as little as the rest of you, and I haven't played CP much at all in the last year and a half or so precisely because I don't like being hypocritical.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : defender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : defender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : pitermach via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : pitermach via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jaseoffire via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : simba via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector